The New Year is just around the corner, and as 2011 comes to a close, we thought we’d tip our hats to some of the top trends that this year brought us in fashion. From bright color blocking to rocker chic, check out what trends that the Kendra Scott Team remembers best! Some may stay with us in 2012 and some may go, but all were integral parts of the ever-evolving fashion scope in 2011.
“My favorite was color blocking with bright tones. It was such a fresh trend that we had not seen in a while and translated perfectly into our jewelry. It was easily attainable–any fashionista out there could rock this trend!!” – Kaki
2. Santa Fe – This trend was a favorite of Sales Representative Nichole Gilly.
“It was everywhere from knit hats, scarves, blankets, belts, skirts, handbags, jewelry (our own KS couture), and hair accents!” – Nichole
3. Sequins – This trend was a favorite of Sales Representative Natalie Walker.
“My favorite trend from 2011 has been sequins and tops/dresses with unique backs!” – Natalie
4. Colored Jeans – This trend was Kendra’s favorite as well as Controller Christine Browning.
“My favorite trend was the colorful jeans, it totally reminded me of Gloria Vanderbilt jeans when I was a kid – had a pair of purple and a pair of green.” – Christine
5. Fur Everywhere – This trend was also Kendra’s favorite and Sales Representative Sarah Ott.
“My favorite trends for 2011 include fur vests and tapered wide legged pants.” – Sarah
6. Neo Native – This trend was a favorite of Designer Leah Lucas.
“I loved the emergence of American Indian patterns and designs in clothing via fabric prints (and woven pendleton fabrics), and accessories, often accompanied by leather fringe, feathers, native inspired hairstyles and make-up on runways and photo shoots.” – Leah
7. Messy Buns – This trend was a favorite of Receptionist Kerry David.
“I loved everyone wearing their messy little buns on top of their heads.” – Kerry
8. Feather Accessories – This was a favorite of Dallas Assistant Manager Leslie Fearka and Beverly Hills Assistant Manager Jessica Meyerson.
“My favorite trend from 2011 was of course Feather accessories…most importantly the KS feather collection!” - Jessica
“I love the mix of 80′s with Bohemian style…my fav has got to be the mixing of styles like feminine lace with Indian accessories!” – Courtney
10. Spikes & Studs – This is a favorite of Design and Production Assistant Samantha Vicha.
“My favorites would have to be rocker studs and metal hardware.” – Samantha
11. Burnt Orange – This is a favorite of Graphic Designer and Photographer Roni Schanbaum.
“I’m going with the burnt orange trend. Hook ‘em!” - Roni