“My personal style today and really every day is vintage inspired with classic feminine silhouettes. I’m a big fan of lace…you can layer it in unique ways and it always adds femininity to any outfit, I love it! I also added a bit of a 1920′s flair with my cloche hat.”
Name & position: Cheryl Mills, Art & Marketing Director
Nick name: Cherri
Who is your celebrity crush: Marion Cotillard, the actress from Midnight in Paris, Woody Allen’s newest movie. I also adored her role when she played Edith Piaf in La Vie en Rose. Not only is she gorgeous, she is an amazing actress and has this classic grace about her. She’s charming and stunning.
What item would you never leave the house without: Honestly, I prefer to leave the house taking nothing with me…no cell phone, no keys, nothing. I’d rather be free of all objects when I’m out and about, but that’s easier said than done.
If you were a shoe, what kind of shoe would you be: That’s easy, I’d be the shoe that I’m wearing in these photos. They are white leather with vintage lace and they have beautiful mother-of-pearl faceted stones on the heel. They are comfortable and great dancing shoes!
What was the last song/artist playing in your car: Lilac Wine by Jeff Buckley, I suggest you listen to this enchanting song now!
Favorite dance move: Any kind of partner dance from west coast swing to lindy to two-stepping. I am the happiest when I’m dancing! It’s a passion of mine, everything else just falls away.
What is your favorite drink: Wine in general because sometimes you don’t even know what really good wine is until your palette develops and you can differentiate the subtleties. I’m having fun exploring the Texas wine country on the weekends with Paxton, the love of my life. There are over 200 vineyards in Texas alone!
What are you obsessed with: The series Mad Men. It’s not only the fashion that I adore but I also love the mental aspect of seeing the world back in the 1960′s and watching how the marketing campaigns and strategies relate to my job now, over 50 years later.
Wheres your favorite place to eat in Austin: I’m a big fan of Blue Dahlia Bistro on the east side. The energy there is really warm and cozy…you almost feel like it could be your home and they have a precious outdoor garden area.
What upcoming trend are you loving most: 1970′s blouses and 1920s inspired fashion that’s making a comeback for next Spring. Tory Burch just displayed 1920′s inspired clothing for her Spring 2012 collection at her fashion show, it was amazing! I prefer mixing 1920′s fashion (beaded and highly detailed) with the classic 1950′s/60′s silhouettes, which show off your figure.
Who is your favorite designer: Honestly, I don’t have one. I find the majority of my fashion inspiration from movies. I love anything from the 1970’s as it relates to today’s fashion and really anything that is a period piece or a musical. I love watching old movies and right I’m fascinated with 1970′s…Paxton is the great influence in my life regarding that. I highly recommend watching the following: Network, Passage to India, Cabaret and The Ruling Class.
What makes Kendra Scott a unique place to work: I truly love the people that work here. I love the people who have been here for years and all of the newcomers. We are a dynamic, supportive team working in an extremely creative environment. What more can you ask for?!
How do you organize your jewelry: It’s in my nightstand, which is closer in size to a cabinet. I have over a collection of over 6 years worth of Kendra Scott Jewelry, thus the drawers are overflowing. In fact, I need to get another piece of furniture!
What is your go to piece of KS jewelry: 90% of my jewelry is Kendra Scott the other 10% is vintage or pieces I’ve made, so I actually wear KS all the time. The piece that I probably wear the most is the Poppy Ring that I custom set in black-lip mother-of-pearl, although I have to say I also love my black Danielle Earrings.